Sport work and combat boots this fall
For Fall 2011, your run-of-the-mill boots are getting roughed up and adding work or combat boots to your wardrobe is the perfect way to put a little attitude in your step! This season, work boots bring a new range of versatility—try pairing them with tights or socks for a dressed up hiker look, or go chalet chic with an oversized sweater and jeans. Meanwhile, combat boots can add a different edge to your trouser or weekend jean. Keep this look on the classic side with a black boot, which offers great flexibility to your wardrobe, or switch things up by trying a golden tan version for a ’70s-inspired feel, or cherry-red to punch up your outfit.
1. Lace up and take charge with the Troopa boot. $130, Steve Madden, available at Capezio shoes.
2. Try these boots—a great pair to fall into for the weekend—with a trouser or cargo. $50, Reitmans.
3. A Canadian style is reborn—the new Limited Edition Pillow Boot offers an eclectic street edge. $270, Cougar.
4. It’s polite not to embellish—but in this case, it’s a must do. $248, Browns ID, available online and in Browns Shoes locations.
5. Make your outfit pop feet first with cherry red 1460’s. $130, Dr. Martens, available online or Dr. Martens store in Toronto (392 Queen Street W.)