How to Colour Block
One of our favourite trends this season is color-blocking. Colour-blocking, seen on the runways from labels such as Marc Jacobs, Christian Dior, Fendi, Prada and Canadian’s Joe Fresh, Pink Tartan, is all about contrasting, and complementing your outfit, by using bold and bright colors together to create a unique look.
There are many ways of playing with this trend, through stripes, accessories and more, and a there are few rules to go along with it.
A. Make sure to play up your outfit with three colors for an ideal combination.
B. Mix in neutral tones, such as a nude, black, brown, navy, white or grey, and then choose a bold bright or neon color, is an easy way to get the look without feeling like you’ve over done it.
C. Try a mix of one of our ideal color pairings:
• Cobalt Blue, Yellow, Orange
• Chocolate Brown, Pink, Peach
• Purple, Bright Blue, Teal
• Deep blue, bright pink, White
• Coral, Grey, Ivory
1. Watch, $199.99, Nixon, available at West 49 and Billabong
2. Satchel, £81.00, Cambridge Satchel Company, available at cambridgesatchel.co.uk and a2zane.com.
3. Necklace, $238US, Elva Fields, available at elvafields.com.
4. Jeans, $220, J Brand, available at dealuxe.ca.