Milan Fashion Week Fall 2013 Trends
Want to know what’s coming for Fall 2013? We’ve finally reached the home stretch of what marks fashion month with Milan Fashion Week’s brief flurry of shows. Assessing the runway looks, the Italians are bringing forth several trends to keep in mind (and perhaps add to your wardrobe now?) for the later this year. Stand outs included the fur accessories at Marni and a grunge housewife at Prada. Here are a few other trends that caught our eye.
1. Flared silhouettes. Where London revealed wide-legged trousers, Milan kept to more feminine styling and highlighted the flare in the form of skirts and dresses.
2. Pleats. Folding in a sense of nostalgia, designers took their turn at pleating textiles to boast more of a flow and softer touch.
3. Navy. If there was any colour in particular that dominated, whether contrasted with other brights or blacks, it was deep blue.
4. Stripes. Patterns may have been in on some of the week’s designs, but stripes were the clear hero, with a creative execution on overcoats and dresses.
5. Simplistic Outerwear. While everything else may have had its splashes of colour, patterns, and technique, wool and cashmere outerwear found itself streamlined with sleek shapes and slim fits.