Milan Fashion Week’s Top Trends
Milan’s fashion houses are known for their world-class ateliers, and for Fall 2011 our favorite looks from the Italian city are all about luxurious craftsmanship, with a touch of whimsy.
1. She’s the Man: Menswear-inspired details and the finest tailored fabrics combined to create an unusually alluring silhouette.
2. House of Folds: Long, flowing pleated skirts add a touch of romance to the most utilitarian
3. Double Down: Jackets, coats and blazers—the best outerwear looks were showing up double breasted on the Italian runways.
4. Unnatural Selection: Dyed bold and unnatural hues, colorful fur collars and scarves created
5. Handle with Care: Fitted or over-sized, designers showed more leather gloves in the past week than we’ve seen in recent memory.