The Top 5 trends from Milan Fashion Week Spring 2013
Fashion month seems to have quickly whizzed by, but the trends are still lingering in the minds of editors who are already thinking nothing but Spring 2013. Take a look at the five of the top trends to hit the runways in Milan:
1. Longer hemlines. It might be a stretch to say the Italians are being modest, but the hemlines are indeed dropping, with some designers opting to hover slightly above the knee and others willing to take a dive below.
2. Florals. Not your conventional flowery patterns, the garments are becoming more literal with bolder and more realistic prints of the fair smelling plants.
3. Going East. Thinking of a Eurotrip? Think again. Designers take us to the Far East with wide pant legs and sleeves, kimono style wraps and jackets, and slim-fitting dresses.
4. Fringe. Adorning dresses, the strips of textile are back to embellish in a more ornate manner, as opposed to the familiar Wild West style.
5. Clean whites. It’s a given that light colours and shades will be a staple in our wardrobes for the coming summer months, but nowhere else has white been as prevalent in collections as it was in Milan.