The top five trends from New York Fashion Week Fall 2012
Kicking off the first round of Fall 2012 collections, New York brought forth five key themes that we should keep an eye on are things heat up in London and beyond.
1. Sheer. Returning again for another season, sheer finds itself pushing the boundaries a bit by taking over more of an outfit, including completely sheer, below-the-knee skirts.
2. Leather. It could not have been made any more explicit, leather is the major “in” for both outdoors and indoors.
3. Textile Fusion. “Mix and match” is the new motto for designers, who are combining both conventional and unconventional textiles with one another.
4. Glimmer. Almost every collection found itself sparkling at least once this season, which means you should too.
5. Nostalgia and Space Age. With influences from the decades of decadence and the contrasting future, editors found themselves in a time machine of sorts.