Top 5 Trends from Paris Fashion Week
Before we say sayonara to the end of what has been affectionately dubbed “fashion month,” designers gave it their all in the City of Lights with their take on the upcoming season. Here are five of the top trends that hit the Parisian catwalk:
1. Gingham, plaid, and checkers. Squared patterns are back in full force, adorning everything from dresses to trousers to coats.
2. Tone on tone. Planning the next day’s outfit becomes all the more easier with colour blocking made to stay in the same family.
3. Reworked jumpsuits. The one-piece that made trend reports seasons ago as a mere fad is still around, but has seen an update going beyond the classic look.
4. One Sided. The asymmetrical look gets ramped up, showing off well-sculpted arms and legs.
5. Optical Illusion. Twisting textiles and patterns into three-dimensional puzzles, designs become walking pieces of art.